Friday, October 23, 2015

On Writing

We stare at the blank page and wonder what characters, what words, what emotions from our souls we will pour onto the whiteness.  I am afraid to taint it with emotions that should forever be hidden, but that is not how we connect with our kind.  We connect best when we bare our souls for the world to see, so someone can say, "Yes, I know that feeling.  I am not alone." This is the stuff the great books are made of.  Even with this knowledge, it is hard to write what we truly feel for fear of judgement.  The very thing that holds us back is the very thing that can bind us together.  
Creative Commons

So, here I sit, stare and wonder what to write on the beautiful white page.  I wish it were black or another colour so I would not feel like I was tainting it, but simply sharing the story of life we are all apart of.

Dear White Page, why do you intimidate me so?

No comments: